No one will die wondering – everyone knows what is required of them.
Brands are the manifestation of the culture driving them. That is why we engage in doing the following:
Creating cultures to breathe life into brands. Inspiring and aligning organisational behaviours to make desired brand aspirations a reality.For every organisation definition around their brand is meaningless if their employees do not understand their role in bringing the brand alive, and importantly buy-in to the aspiration of the brand.
For every organisation definition around their brand is meaningless if their employees do not understand their role in bringing the brand alive, and importantly buy-in to the aspiration of the brand.
It is for this reason that we advocate that there should be a process put in place to allow employees to understand the brand’s values, belief system and the defining intent of its brand essence.
The ideal process should always be developed in collaboration with the organisation, but whatever the format that is adopted it should cover off on the following:
1. Workshop the brand definition with all employees or meaningful cross-section sample and have them identify:
2. Translate outs into a brand centric ‘Culture Statement’
3. Provide all employees with an appropriately targeted copy of the content of the brand definition for them to have as a reference. Include this also in the induction of new staff
4. Develop other meaningful inspirational brand collateral and events to keep the brand top of mind
5. Reframe key organisational messages or gestures to have a brand orientation eg if there is an employee of the month award that it be reframed to reflect the brand, that quarterly or 6 month staff updates have information about the brand’s performance et
6. Develop a monthly calendar of events that bring alive and celebrate a specific brand value (different value each month) so that the brand is not simply a one day wonder
7. Seek to embed desired culture behaviours into recruitment, induction and performance management processes